Department of Psychology
皇冠hg代理体育The Department of Psychology at UWF is committed to helping students adopt a scientific approach to understanding and evaluating behavior and mental processes, and to apply this approach in a variety of settings. Through our undergraduate and graduate curricular offerings, we prepare our students to pursue their career and life aspirations.
What Programs Does the Department of Psychology Offer?
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Obtain a broad foundation in psychological science
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Pursue a degree with an emphasis on engaging in psychological science
- Certificate in Human Resources
- Apply psychological principles to the management of human resources
- Minor in Psychology
- Learn more psychological science as you work towards your baccalaureate degree
- Minor in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Explore the connections between health, exercise, and psychology
- Master of Psychology: Counseling
- Adopt a scientist-practitioner approach as you pursue state licensure
- Master of Psychology: Industrial-Organizational
- Adopt a scientist-practitioner approach as you solve real-world problems
- Master of Psychology: Applied Experimental
- Prepare for a psychological research-related career
Why Should You Become Part of UWF Department of Psychology?
Learn from accomplished and highly regarded faculty
Work with faculty as part of their Research Labs
Obtain high-quality academic advising
Enrich your UWF experience through our student organizations
Departmental Shout Outs!
Alzheimer’s researchers at the University of West Florida.
Alzheimer’s researchers at the University of West Florida are working hard to not only improve the quality of life for patients with Alzheimer’s, but are also researching ways to detect the disease earlier in a patient’s life.
Dr. James Arruda is investigating a known precursor to Alzheimer’s called Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI). In his study, Arruda researches patients with MCI to see how fast their brain reacts.
“We present an individual with a strobe flash, and we are able to record in real time the reaction of the brain to that flash,” Arruda said.
Halonen Recognized as Distinguished Psi Chi Member – UWF faculty receives prestigious award
皇冠hg代理体育Dr. Jane Halonen was recently recognized as a new Distinguished Member of Psi Chi. Only those who have national or international reputations because of contributions made to psychology and Psi Chi" are extended the prestigious title of Distinguished Member. There are about 40 people in history to receive this designation. Dr. Halonen now joins the ranks of notable members like B. F. Skinner, Philip Zimbardo, and Rob Rosenthal. She was also newly awarded the crystal Psi Beta, Community College Psychology Honorary, recognizing her for her lifetime contributions to the psychology. Way to go, Dr. H!!
Leading the charge in the study of Alzheimer’s disease – UWF faculty delve into dynamic treatment options
皇冠hg代理体育Dr. Arruda is part of the cutting-edge research on Alzheimer’s disease that is uncovering new information on the early detection and treatment of patients with the disorder, taking place at the University of West Florida. Arrudan along with two other Usha Kundu, MD College of Health faculty members are at the forefront of finding new methods to combat Alzheimer’s disease through their careful study of its progression.
皇冠hg代理体育We offer both undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as certificates. The faculty’s applied psychological science specialties are varied and diverse so that multiple opportunities are available for a wide range of learning experiences.